kinîkihikonawak [our parents]
The Parent Link Centre is part of a province-wide initiative to support parents and families through high-quality, accessible, community-based programs that comply with province-wide standards of excellence and respond to the changing needs of parents and families.
Our Parent Link Centres offers a multitude of programs such as out-of-school care, collective kitchens, Early Childhood Development, Youth Nights, drop-in sessions and scheduled activities such as:
- Movement, music, literacy and learning programs for children
- Healthy Babies Programming
- FASD Programming
- Early Intervention Programs
- Triple P- the Positive Parenting Program, a learning resource for parents covering both the basics of raising a child and complex emotional issues from toddler tantrums to rebellious teenagers
- Information about other programs and services, including speech and language resources, community kitchens, and toy lending and resource libraries
- The ‘Ages and Stages‘ questionnaire, which helps parents gauge their child’s development at key stages in their lives
- Friendly, knowledgeable staff who can answer parenting questions and offer support on a one-to-one basis
- And most importantly: other parents and children from your community to bond with and learn from.
Alberta’s Parent Link operates 53 centres, covering 185 communities across the province and helping tens of thousands of children each year. You can learn more about the program and what it can offer your family at Alberta Human Services’ website.