The FLMS council is an integral part of our local government and consists of volunteers from the community that represent members of our community. This page contains information on council boards, roles and contact information for our current councillors. To view council minutes, please click the link to the right, and if you would like to book a meeting with the council, please email the council secretary. If you would like to know more about Fishing Lake Administration, please click here.
Below are the primary roles of Fishing Lake Métis Settlement’s Council–employees and volunteers from the community who are ultimately responsible for running the administration.
- Chairperson: duties include sitting as the main contact for the Settlement, signing off on government agreements, attending board meetings at the Métis Settlement General Council, signing off on Administrator time sheets, and calling special meetings if necessary.
- Secretary/Treasurer: responsible for signing off on time sheets and pay advances. This role also signs off on government agreements when necessary.
- Council Secretary: responsible for all correspondence, meeting minutes, setting meetings, upkeep of monthly calendars, council travel, time sheets and Community Fund Loans.
General Council Boards
The Council Boards and committees are focused on particular areas of importance. The following council boards have been determined and are made up as follows:
- Climate Change:
- Economic Development Working Group:
- Harvesting Committee:
- Health Board:
- Investment Committee:
- Métis Settlement Education & Training Incentive Scholarship:
- Settlement Investment Corporation (SIC):
- Settlement Sooniyah Corporation:
- Metis Settlement Housing Authority:
Long-Term Agreement Committee Appointments
- Education Working Group:
- Governance Steering Committee:
- Housing Committee:
- Policing Committee:
Fishing Lake Metis Settlement Entities & Board of Directors
FLMS Pasture Association
FLMS Education Society
FLMS Victoria Seniors Lodge
FLMS Riel Beach Properties
FLMS Oil Hauling Inc.
Homeland Well Servicing