Fishing Lake Metis Settlement
Position Description: Water Truck Driver
Reports To: Water Plant Operator
To deliver water to residents within the Fishing Lake Metis Settlement in a safe and timely manner, as per water delivery schedule; and maintain water delivery vehicles to Federal and Provincial Standards.
- Perform daily pre / post trip inspection logs.
- Perform pre-trip vehicle startup procedure
- Keep a daily liter log
- Deliver water to cisterns and as per provided schedule
- Deliver water on an as needed basis in emergencies i.e. fire department support
- Inform the Designate if there is a problem with the access to the holding area at residences
- Notify Designate of any service or repairs required to water delivery vehicles in writing via pre trip inspection log
- Work 40 hours a week minimum
- Follow provided Water Truck Maintenance Schedule
- Attend a Professional Driver Improvement Course every 3 years.
- Attend an Air Brakes course every 5 years.
- Submit to a driver evaluation upon request of supervisor.
- Wear required personal protective equipment.
- Submit all pre / post trip inspection logs to Designate on a daily basis.
- Complete regular activity reports and adhere to the Fishing Lake Metis Settlement Human Resource Management Policy #P-0093-2015
- Adhere to the Fishing Lake Metis Settlement Health and Safety Policy
- Valid Class 3 Drivers’ with Q Endorsement.
- MUST produce a drivers’ abstract for insurance under the settlement insurance company initial submission with 3-year history, and thereafter a yearly submission.
- Have own transportation to and from workplace.
- Willing to work after office hours as required.
- Mechanically inclined (servicing water delivery vehicles).
- Must have current safety tickets (First Aid, H2S Alive, TDG/WHMIS, and any required tickets necessary).
Preference will be given to residing Settlement Members. We thank all those who have applied, only those who qualify will be contacted for an interview.
Deadline Date: August 25, 2020 @ 4:00p.m.
Please submit resumes to Administrator Tanya Fayant or via email