Fishing Lake Metis Settlement
Position Description: Part Time Water Truck Driver
Reports to: Water Plant Operator
To deliver water to residents within the Fishing Lake Metis Settlement as needed to help assist
with water delivery schedule. The schedule will be determined by the current water truck
driver, new water truck driver and water plant operator based on how much help is needed
with water delivery.
- Operate water truck to assist with water delivery to each household according to the new agreed upon schedule.
- Operate, maintain and keep daily log of water delivered to each resident also if there are any issues i.e. (cistern needs to be clean, repaired etc.)
- Keep a log of any issues of not being able to deliver water to a residence i.e. (gate locked, road too bad could not get to cistern etc.)
- Notify Essential Services if there are any issues/problems with the water truck that need to be serviced/repaired.
- Minimum Class 3 Driver License with a Q Endorsement is required
- Able to qualify for insurance under the Settlement insurance company and underwriter and produce a driver’s abstract
- Physically capable to handle water truck duties: lifting hoses, getting on and off truck and other various tasks.
- Willing to work after hours, weekends and holidays as required
- Mechanically inclined i.e. (know if there is an issue/problem with water truck) also help with upkeep maintenance on the water truck etc.
- Must submit to a pre-employment drug screening
Preference will be given to residing Settlement Members. We thank all those who have applied, only those who qualify will be contacted for an interview.
Deadline Date: February 27, 2020 @ 4:00pm
Please submit resumes and driver’s abstract to Essential Services (Melvin Gladue) in person or via email ([email protected])