Position Description: Indigenous Initiatives Grant Program Coordinator
Reports to: Community Resources Director
This contract position is responsible for effective and efficient management and delivery of the Indigenous Initiatives Grant (IIG) as per Alberta Advanced Education requirements. The Coordinator will ensure delivery of culturally informed literacy programs as outlined in the IIG Agreement. Programs will incorporate literacy, numeracy and digital skills into computer programming, cultural programming, and collective kitchens.
- Facilitate literacy programming in accordance with the program plan as outlined in Schedule A of the IIG Agreement
- Adhere to IIG program guidelines
- Ensure reporting is completed in a timely manner
- Follow the program budget to ensure all dollars are expended in accordance with the Agreement
- Ensure program planning is completed in partnership with other internal agencies, preventing overlap where possible
- Work collaboratively with other agencies and facilitators
- Work in a supervisory capacity of program facilitators, if applicable
- Create new partnerships that enhance adult literacy in the community
- Ensure safe delivery of programming
- Collect data, such as program attendance, staff hours, program hours, program evaluations for accurate reporting
- Submit bi-weekly reports to Community Resources Director
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the Fishing Lake Metis Settlement Human Resources Management Policy
- Adhere to the Fishing Lake Metis Settlement Health and Safety Policy
- A degree or diploma in a related field would be an asset
- A background in program management and grant funding experience.
- Ability to network and work collaboratively with other agencies and or facilitators.
- Knowledge of Social and Cultural barriers faced by Indigenous people.
- Clear Criminal Records Check with clear vulnerable sector a must.
- Knowledge of cultural practices
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to instruct others.
- Excellent report writing skills in database environments.
- Excellent Budget reporting skills and organization.
- Experience working within a community-based organization.
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
Please send resumes to Community Resources Director- Meaghean Lehr
Email: [email protected] or via Fax: 780-943-2575
Deadline Extended: April 20, 2021