Lakeland Asphalt LTD. is an Indigenous owned company in North-Eastern Alberta. Through our commitment to excellence in product and service, we supply asphalt paving and cold mix to the needs of our communities throughout eastern Alberta and Saskatchewan.
Position Title: Foreman/Supervisor
Reports to: FLMS Director of Essential Services
Summary: The position of Asphalt Foreman/Supervisor is responsible for the operation, maintenance, quality and staffing of Lakeland Asphalt. The duties will include ensuring the products and associated equipment is safe, well maintained, of the highest quality and all certifications, permits and inspections are current and complete.
• Ensure all asphalt operations maintain the highest standards in safety, quality, schedule and maintenance
• Responsible for maintaining all certifications, permits and inspections to be current and complete
• Maintain asphalt materials at an optimum level and place material orders
• Responsible for reporting material usages and inventories to accounting in accordance with financial reporting requirements
• Cooperate and comply with Lakeland Asphalt policy and procedures.
• Maintain safety training for Lakeland Asphalt staff.
• Communicate with the Director of Economic Development as to cost, production capabilities, project status and other asphalt paving information.
• Review monthly production costs and adjust operations in order to meet budget
• Provide training and development opportunities for staff
• Assess equipment and facility requirements and make recommendations for replacement or improvement
• Maintain a current knowledge of industry advancements, specifications, safety standards and issues.
• Post-secondary in Business Management required or similar education and experience
• Knowledge of bidding process to attain paving contracts.
• Must have CSTS 2020
• Must have First Aid, WHMIS, TDG, H2S
• 5+ years experience paving/construction experience preferred
• Knowledgeable of all positions and equipment
• Must have valid driver’s license, and submit a driver’s abstract
• Strong understanding of asphalt mix designs and aggregate quality control
• Strong maintenance and troubleshooting background
• Basic computer skills, basic proficiency Microsoft Excel
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Strong mathematical skills
• Have the ability to communicate fluently in English
• Be able to receive and understand information on the phone
• Demonstrated openness to change, flexibility, and adaptability
• Be able to work 5 days a week (Monday to Friday) with some overtime & weekend work.
• Must submit to pre-employment drug screening
• Adhere to COVID-19 considerations: Follow all WCB stipulations promoting social distancing while working outside and mandate wearing company supplied face masks when conditions require.
POSTED DATE: February 2, 2021
CLOSING DATE: Until suitable candidate is selected.
START DATE: ASAP
COMPENSATION: commensurate with experience
Please submit resume, cover letter, and references to:
Director of Essential Services
Fishing Lake Metis Settlement Administration
Although we thank all applicants; only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted.