JOB POSTING: Fishing Lake Settlement Projects Manager
Reports To: Fishing Lake Settlement Essential Services Director
Term: Duration of Projects
Remuneration: To be determined based qualifications
Date Posted: April 15, 2021
The Settlement Projects Manager will report directly to the Fishing Lake Settlement Essential Services Director while working in direct coordination with Fishing Lake projects for information on the hiring of available labour and equipment needed in the Settlement project area.
The Projects Manager shall provide a daily on-site labour and equipment list on behalf of the Fishing Lake Metis Settlement.
The Projects Manager will ensure the wages, hours of work and other conditions of employment of all Settlement members employed by the Contractor shall comply with the provisions of the Employment Standards Code (Alberta) and at the same qualification and rate as per off-settlement wage grid including benefits and statutory obligations.
The Projects Manager will review and assess the following documents to be provided by the Contractor to the Fishing Lake Settlement such as the following but not conclusive to the following:
- Projections of labour, equipment needs required within 7 days of commencement of each phase of the contract showing the required use of local resources.
- Provide weekly projections of labour and equipment.
- Notice of 48 hours is required for additional labour and equipment needed. Where additional labour and equipment is required and unable to be fulfilled locally, the contractor may fill these shortages from other labour and equipment sources.
- Daily and Bi-weekly Reports are required containing the following:
- Daily summary reports on sub-contractors and sub-sub-contractors, including total number of hours for labour and construction equipment for the work, total number of contract hours offered to the Settlement; total number of hours worked by the Fishing Lake Metis Settlement for labour and construction equipment per each phase of work.
- Rates paid for trades and classifications of employment, Rates paid for types and sizes of equipment.
The Projects Manager will work closely with consultants to ensure the Settlement Employment Conditions in the Contract are enforced and adhered to.
- 3 years prior experience in road construction or equivalent
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Reliable transportation
- Strong Written and Verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Ability to complete spreadsheets/accurate report writing).
- Knowledge of Settlement procedures and resources
- Minimum of Grade 12 or GED Equivalent or equivalent experience will be considered.
Deadline for applications is April 30th, 2021. Submit resume and 2 professional references to the Fishing Lake Receptionist, either in person or by email to [email protected]