Métis Settlements General Council
REPORTS TO: MSGC Chief Administrative Officer
DATE POSTED: October 4, 2019 CLOSING DATE: October 18, 2019
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience
The Executive Assistant is responsible for managing the schedules of Executive members and ensuring that their administrative needs are met. As well, recording official minutes of Assembly, Board and Executive Meetings, and other meetings as required, held by the Executives as required, and communicating the minutes, results, Action Plans, Action Items, and Task Assignments from the various meetings to the respective parties.
The specific duties of the Executive Assistant will include:
- Coordinate schedules
- Prepare materials required for participation at meetings, conferences, etc.
- Coordinate agendas in cooperation with CAO and/or executive members
- Lead the timely production of meeting materials as required.
- Update Executive and Settlement calendars at least once a week.
- Ensure that Executive Officers’ calendars and other pertinent information is uploaded to the MSGC website and included in the Metis Settlements Messenger.
- Coordinate Executive Officer travel and expense claims.
- Draft correspondence as requested.
- Prepare notices for all General Council Assembly, Executive, Board, Governance Sub-Committee, and Settlement Sooniyaw Corporation meetings.
- Lead the preparation of all MSGC meeting packages.
- Draft and ensure the finalization of minutes for approval by the MSGC Elected Secretary for all Assembly, Executive, Board, Governance Sub-Committee, and Settlement Sooniyaw Corporation meetings.
- Provide administrative support to executive members, as needed.
- Assist in the coordination of all MSGC events.
- Adhere to the MSGC Personnel Manual and Human Resource policies; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Minimum of an Office or Business Administration Diploma from a recognized institution
- Knowledge of the Metis Settlements of Alberta, Metis Settlements Act and; governance structure considered an asset
- 3+ years experience in an administrative role
- Advanced, applied skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated skills and experience with minute-taking and dissemination of business arising from minutes.
- General office hardware use including photocopiers, fax machines, and filing systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Exceptional letter writing skills.
Please submit your cover letter and resume electronically to Brenda Sayers, Director of Corporate Services
Email : [email protected] Phone : 780- 822-4096 Fax : 780-489-9558