Fishing Lake Metis Settlement
Position Description: Childcare Development Worker / Assistant
Reports To: Lil Sash Daycare Director
To provide young children with genuine and authentic care in an environment that is safe, nurturing and main focus is on social, emotional, physical and cognitive development. This position looks to employ a professional person who can be relied upon in a team-approach for the benefit of children and to meet the legislation requirements of working in a daycare. Wage is based on certification.
- Meeting all child care regulations and licensing requirements for a daycare setting
- Public health standards knowledge will be a must
- Be on time
- Engage with families, co-workers and other community services involved with the daycare in a professional friendly manner
- Assist with the planning and implementing in daily activities and crafts for the month that are age appropriate for the children
- Encouraging teachable moments
- Supervise and monitor the safety of children in the program
- Teach and help children practice good hygiene
- Change the diapers of infants and toddlers
- Keep records of children’s progress, routines, and interest
- Assist in preparing food for children and serve meals and refreshments to children
- Support children’s emotional and social development, positive self-concepts, and encouraging understanding of others.
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment for the children
- Adhere to the current Fishing Lake Metis Settlement Human Resource Management Policy
- Adhere to the Fishing Lake Metis Settlement Health and Safety Policy
- Minimum of Grade 12 diploma
- Early Childhood Development certificate (Assistant or Worker)
- Driver’s licence and reliable transportation a must
- Must obtain a current criminal record check with vulnerable sector
- Must obtain a current child welfare check
- Must submit to a pre-employment drug screening
- First Aid level C
Preference will be given to residing Settlement Members. We understand that many will not have the necessary qualifications but if the candidate is the right fit with our team we will provide all necessary training
Deadline Date: Open until suitable candidate is found.
Please submit resumes and required security checks to the Daycare Director (Taylor Calliou-Cardinal) by email ([email protected]) or in person at Lil Sash Daycare.