Position Description: Bright Star Aboriginal Head Start Bus Driver
Reports to: Bright Start Head Start Coordinator
This part-time / seasonal position will be responsible for the Head Start bus route; and will be driving small children to school and returning them home after three hours. This position will also look after the bus.
This position is paid a day rate and will be required from Monday – Thursday each week until the end of the Head Start School Year in June.
In addition to driving small children to and from school this position also:
- Must be willing to take bus for inspections and repairs when needed
- Must kept bus clean, disinfected, and fueled up
- Must adhere to all Aboriginal Head Start polices
- Must adhere and adapt to protocols, procedures, and policies put in place for the safety of the children, the staff and themselves.
- Must have at least a Class 2 Drivers License with S-endorsement
- Must submit a Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sectors Search
- Must submit a Drivers Abstract
- First Aid Level C Certification required
- Must enjoy being around children
- Must submit to a pre-employment drug test
Preference will be given to residing Settlement Members. We thank all those who have applied, only those who qualify will be contacted for an interview.
Deadline Date: September 14, 2020 @ 4:00pm
Please Submit Resumes, Criminal Record Check, Drivers Abstract, and copies of license and First Aid Certification to Head Start Coordinator (Krista Taylor) by email at [email protected] by drop-off at the Administration Office.