Position Description: Head Start / Daycare Cook (Part-Time)
Reports to: Community Resources Director
This part-time (0.6 FTE) position is responsible for food services for Lil Sash Daycare and Bright Start Aboriginal Head Start. This includes menu planning for up to 30 children, shopping, storage, inventory, and maintaining a clean and sanitary environment.
- Responsible for the delivery of the food service for both programs
- Prepare daily meals and snacks that meet the requirements of the Canada Food Guide for children for up to 30 children
- Responsible for ordering / shopping for all food and kitchen equipment supplies as needed and submission of receipts.
- Maintain Kitchen and Kitchen equipment by following Health and Safety Guidelines for Child Care Facilities
- Maintain an inventory of all equipment.
- Maintain weekly inventory of food with dates of purchase clearly marked.
- Maintain and monitor special dietary health needs.
- Adhere to the current Fishing Lake Metis Settlement Human Resource Management Policy.
- Adhere to the Fishing Lake Metis Settlement Health and Safety Policy.
- Experience cooking for large groups
- Relevant education in Cooking would be an asset
- Food Safety certification is required
- Driver’s License & reliable transportation
- Ability to take training as required.
- Familiarity with emergency numbers and contact list for related needs.
- Knowledgeable of procedures related to sanitary legislation and health standards.
- Must enjoy being around children.
- Must submit to a pre-employment drug test
- Must have First Aid Level C
- Must submit a current Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Certification in Early Learning and Child Care would be an asset
Preference will be given to residing Settlement Members. We thank all those who have applied, only those who qualify will be contacted for an interview.
Deadline Date: September 14, 2020 @ 4:00pm
Please submit Resumes, Criminal Record Check, and copies of Food Safety and First Aid Certification to Community Resources Director (Meaghean Lehr) by email at [email protected] by drop-off at the Administration Office.