Fishing Lake Metis Settlement
Water Truck Driver
Position Description: Water Truck Driver
Reports To: Essential Services Director
To deliver water to residents within the Fishing Lake Metis Settlement in a safe and timely manner, as per water delivery schedule; and maintain water delivery vehicles to Federal and Provincial Standards.
- Perform pre-trip inspection log as per attached schedule
- Check all fluid levels daily
- Perform pre-trip vehicle startup procedure as per attached schedule/service, grease units weekly
- Deliver water to cisterns and as per attached schedule fill all cisterns to max
- Deliver water on an as needed basis in emergencies i.e. fire department support as per attached schedule
- Inform the Essential Services Director or Designate if there is a problem with the access to the holding area at residences
- Notify Essential Services Director or Designate of any service or repairs required to water delivery vehicles in writing
- Work 40 hours a week minimum
- find down designate as needed
- provide 24 hours notice if not available for regular duties
- Be available for after hours or weekends
- Adheres to the Fishing Lake Settlement Human Resource Management Policy #P-0093-2015 and any other legislation required to transport water in a safe and effective manner
- Perform post trip procedure as per schedule
- Follow Regeneration procedure immediately when light appears as per attached schedule.
- Submit all attached schedules to Essential Services Director on a daily basis.
- Valid Class 3 Drivers’ with Q Endorsement.
- MUST produce a drivers’ abstract for insurance under the settlement insurance company initial submission with 3 year history, and thereafter a yearly submission.
- Have own transportation to and from workplace.
- Willing to work after office hours as required.
- As per HR Policy mandatory drug test required.
- Mechanically inclined (servicing water delivery vehicles).
- Must have current safety tickets ( first aid, H2S Alive, TDG/WHMIS, Profession Driver’s Course and any required tickets necessary)
- Must wear required personal protective equipment as per attached schedule.
Posted Date: February 11th, 2019
Closing Date: February 25th, 2019
Please send Resumes to Essential Services Director Melvin Gladue via email firstname.lastname@example.org.